Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Of Lines and Lengths
(Statutory Warning: Don’t be misguided by the title of the blog entry. It has nothing even remotely to do with Cricket. So for those of you who lust after the game, take my word for it, this is going to be a googly!!)
Disgusted with the delayed responses of a long lost college (now) friend (then friend’s boyfriend, I put an exasperated status message on my gmail account!! It read, ‘I hate DELAYED RESPONSES!’
Another blast from the past (read permanent ‘we are NOT just friends’) from good old college days, asked me who had dared to infuriate the Lady. I complained that this guy vanishes each time he’s punched in a line…and then at the end of some days all the communication I have had with him is that one single lonely line!! This launched us into something we both thoroughly enjoy indulging in!! (Ok no more ideas please!!) Wordplay!! (oh yes it’s the correct four letter word!!)) The following is the short dialogue that motivated this blog entry after the long hiatus:
Blast from the past: This gives an all new meaning to "drop me a line."
Me: Talking about lines....how about ‘pick up lines’ ‘drawing the line’ and ‘reading between the lines’!!
Blast from the past: Oh what did I miss between the lines!
Me: More like missed something between the sheets!!
Having had what we believe to be intellectual conversations!!
I quickly decided to share this mindwork with the rest of you who’d care to read!!
And as I wind up…I’m getting a lil philosophical…reminded of the ghazal by maestro Jagjit Singh…Baat niklegi to phir duur talak jaayegi….!!

1 comment:

Richa said...

Now that's the kind of play on words I enjoy!! And next time you feel 'wordy' again, drop me a line too :)

Hello

Welcome to Urvi's Nook

Contributors